Monday 20 August 2012

Core Essentials

As the title suggests, must have tools that we'll be using on the pads... it gets really tasty when other things gets mixed in.
As the post suggests, this is just the basic outline and many things can be added to develop a wider range of skills for these strikes offensively and defensively. Have a play and see what you can mix in and have fun!

I'll hopefully put up a video in a week or two.


jab
double jab
jab cross
jab cross hook
cross hook cross
hook cross hook

See you in class!

4 comments:

  1. If the weather's good, what about drilling these on wednesday morning Waq? I could pick you up and we could go to Saltaire park, I scoped it out for workout spots last saturday with the wife and young 'un.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, if you have Guro Bob's book(s), look out for these and how they're built ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hocam,
    the only one of Guru Bob's books I have is the excellent one on sparring which I consult every saturday morning before I get bashed around the mat by 13 year old boys.
    Waq and I trained in the park today-The combinations above, plus some knife to 1-5 locks and /heaven/standard/earth out of cob cob.Great fun and interesting to do these things in normal, outdoor clothes and on different surfaces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great book, lots of useful tips in there. Last I checked I wasn't a 13 year old boy though! :P

    Where possible I recommend people to train outside of the gym environment in day to day clothes. The last time I saw any trouble wasn't in the gym in my shorts and rashguard!

    Catch you later tonight.

    ReplyDelete