Friday 15 June 2012

Heaven 6

The description below is for Heaven 3 on right side, mirror the same from left for full 6 count.  We will add things like entries and variations in later classes.

Beginning with left arm chambered under right, the strikes are: right forehand labtik, left backhand labtik, right backhand witik chambering under left arm.

Triangle footwork should be utilised so you have the right leg leading when chambered on the right and the left leg leading when chambered on the left. Male and Female triangles can be used interchangeably transitioning on each 3rd strike.

See you in class!

5 comments:

  1. There's a link here for Wak:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90zXE85nGXU

    It's the short vid of Keith Tate working on the pads with Liam Walsh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's some great padwork there! I'll be putting up core essentials on the blog this weekend, for use in padwork in upcoming classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gunaydin Hocam, being that I'm not going on holiday this year and following the over-dinner conversation on friday after training, I have been looking at bits of protective gear and padded sticks. I've ordered a headguard (with a grill)with the premise that it will also come in handy for for 'more robust' training/sparring in jkd even if I don't get whacked on the head with a padded stick for a while. My question is about gloves though.I found these gloves on ebay, which seem adaquate for what we taliked about (only padded sticks)and I wondered if you knew anything about them. If not, opinions on the subject of escrima sparring gloves welcomed:

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-Contact-Escrima-Gloves-Kali-Mitts-CLEARANCE-LINE-Medium-/190699747239?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Boxing_RL&hash=item2c669737a7

    If they look like something that we can use, maybe Waq might want some too? Cheers, B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pair of those, they're the official WEKAF glove and the best thing about them is that your hand and fingers are free inside the glove to actually hold the stick.I'll bring the gloves with me this week and maybe we can have a play...

    There are 3 loops in the gloves for your fingers, I had some skin come away from the friction after long sparring sessions but maybe I'm just a softy and needed thicker skin lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That'll be great. maybe I can try yours on for sizing. I'll try not to leave any skin on them!

    ReplyDelete