Monday 27 May 2013

B.I.G. Camp May 2013





This past weekend I was in my home town for another great weekend of training with the Breen Instructor Group. It was a fantastic weekend of technical and practical training with some of the most dedicated martial artists I know.

On Saturday Guro had us work the back sweep and pointed out the subtleties of finding it as well as more easily executing it. In true JKD spirit we covered many things from a few basic techniques and openings  and it was easy to see how the same shapes and positions offered themselves within boxing, knife and pummeling/clinch work.  

Almost like Matryoshka dolls the variations that Guro had us worked from key techniques just kept coming, but form the same source. I've always remembered what Guro has said about doing more with less and what we covered on the weekend with single stick and trapping was exactly that. 
I must admit one of the many highlights of the weekend was ending off the training on Saturday with cake Judy had brought along, which was superb!

I got to see and train with friends and share notes and had a fantastic weekend, looking forward to the next one!

A big thank you to everyone I partnered up with on the day, see you at Knife Day or the next B.I.G. weekend! Oss!




No comments:

Post a Comment